Thursday, December 25, 2008

~Merry Christmas~


Merry Christmas to you and your family! My prayer is that you all experience the real Joy of Christmas~ the celebration of Jesus' birth!
One of the most profound statements I heard was from the song, 'Mary Did You Know?': Speaking to Mary...
"When you kissed your little baby....you kissed the face of God!"
WOW~ can you imagine the thoughts of Mary? I can't even fathom the things Mary must have thought and felt. Being chosen to birth the Son of God, raise him....
Matthew 1:18-25
18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

I also wanted to share this poem with you...
'Twas The Night Before Jesus Came'
written by Unknown Author
'Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house Not a creature was praying, not one in the house. Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care In hopes that Jesus would not come there.
The children were dressing to crawl into bed. Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head. And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap.
When out of the East there arose such a clatter. I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash! When what to my wondering eyes should appear But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here. With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY! The light of His face made me cover my head It was Jesus! returning just like He had said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth,I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.
In the Book of Life which He held in His hand Was written the name of every saved man. He spoke not a word as He searched for my name;When He said "it's not here" my head hung in shame.
The people whose names had been written with love He gathered to take to His Father above. With those who were ready He rose without a sound. While all the rest were left standing around.
I fell to my knees, but it was too late; I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate. I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight; Oh, if only I had been ready tonight.
In the words of this poem the meaning is clear; The coming of Jesus is drawing near. There's only one life and when comes the last call We'll find that the Bible was true after all!

Have a Merry Christmas and God bless you!

3 comments:

Grandma J said...

And a Merry Christmas to you too! I Love the Poem! Very cool!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Merry Christmas Sarah!!

I love the song Mary Did You Know...I cant fathom either what must have been going through her young mind. Totally awestruck and amazed I am sure.


(This is off subject, but I wanted to ask you if you are having swelling like in your legs and feet yet?? I have had it pretty much all through pregnancy but I noticed yesterday and today that it is much more noticeable in my ankles and feet.....I think I now have mild cankles..... :( LOL)

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Profound story.