Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekend plans

Today I was home with the kids. I usually babysit on Fridays, but it was an exception today. I brought Nathaniel to school this morning, because he was going on a field trip to the MN Science Museum! I was hoping to be picked as one of the chaperone's, but unfortunately my name wasn't one of the lucky draws. Hopefully I will make the next field trip. I really like going on those, because I can get to know his teacher and classmates better. That way, when he mentions someone from his class, I know who he is talking about. I wish that I was able to volunteer once a week, but that would require getting a sitter...not really realistic.
I did some straightening up around the house today and did dishes. I will have extra company all weekend, so I have decided NOT to clean until Monday when my house isn't full of people. I really don't feel like cleaning it twice. Today, my father-in-law sliced wood for us, and that was greatly appreciated. It is a big job out there with the slicing and stacking. Our pile is huge and winter is coming...so, it is a must to get that done. We are hearing of possible snow on Sunday already. I am looking forward to the snow and winter. I am not a huge fan of the ice and freezing below wind chills, though. Tonight, Terry's mom and sister will be showing up for the weekend. It will be great to see them again! Tomorrow, Nathaniel will have a few friends over in the afternoon for his birthday party. That will be about 4-5 extra boys. I think Terry is going to be getting the boat and pontoon out of the lake, and finish winterizing the outdoors. We have a faucet that needs fixing before snow flies, too. In the evening, my parents will come over for dinner. We will be having a Grandparent supper celebration for Nathaniel...and to have a get together for them to visit. Like I had mentioned before, Terry's Dad is here from Alaska...and we haven't seen him in over 4 years. My parents have just met him on our wedding, so it will be good for them all to get to know each other.
Sunday, we will be heading down to bring Terry's Dad back to the airport, and then I believe we will just relax the rest of the day. A Day of Rest. I think we will need a day of rest after the busy weekend. I will try to post some this weekend, but if I don't~ you know why. :) Have a super weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Wow Sarah you have one busy weekend ahead of you! But it all sounds like fun!! Tomorrow we are buying the baby bedding and then registering on Sunday....we cant wait!! Hope you have an awesome weekend and yes, dont forget to relax at some point!!


Do you babysit everyday or just fridays??? Oh how I wish we lived near each other!!

Qtpies7 said...

Wow! You are going to be busy! I hope you make it to Karaoke tonight!

Heather said...

Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog & love it! I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with me? http://www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com