Friday, October 3, 2008

I took her to the Doctor, and the Doctor said....

I made an appointment for my little princess this morning, because she had a rough night with struggling to breath. Her breaths were staggered, quick, and she would hold her breath some. Terry thought it would be best if I just brought her in rather than wait the weekend, and end up making a visit to the ER. I couldn't agree more. Those trips to the ER are quite pricey!
So, my Mom (bless her heart) came over this morning to watch Caleb for me, so I could go to the Doctor with just Madelyn. Last time I went in to the Dr. (for my baby appointment) Caleb and Maddie were all over that office and into everything! So, I pleaded with my Mom to come over. She lives 40 minutes away, so it is somewhat of a sacrifice for her, and I appreciated it so much! Anyway...at the office, the nurse checked her weight~ 20.6 (with all her clothes on and her shoes), temp. was 98.9, and her oxygen level was 91-92. I thought that was good, until the nurse told me they like to see it at least at 95. So, we went into the room and waited for the Dr. He checked her lungs and they sounded clear. Hmmm...so, checking her left ear, and sure enough~ an ear infection. Checking the right ear, there is another infection. So, my little girly has a double ear infection. She is teething, so that could be a reason that the ear infections came. I got her a prescription for Amoxicillin. So, hopefully that will work for her. She did get 2 doses today, and that is super!

**Other things...
Terry and I used the Wii Fit tonight. I am really liking this contraption more and more. I did some aerobic exercises tonight, and I really like the hula-hooping, running, and stair stepping. It really is a great work-out. I tried the yoga balancing, and let me just tell you, that does NOT work well with a baby (in utero) throwing your center of balance into shambles!! I am sure I was quite the sight! It was a blast being in action, and knowing it was exercise, too! The Wii Fit has my vote for sure!! I highly recommend getting it if you don't have it already! Good winter exercise (especially if you don't have a club membership).
Tomorrow, my Mother-in-law is coming for a visit over-nighter. It will be great to see her again. I have an awesome Mother-in-law! Tomorrow night she is going to watch the kids for us, because we are going to my Mom's yearly performance with her barbershop group and quartet. My Mom has been in this group for over 15 years, or maybe it is almost 20.... I will have to ask her. The group is about 30 ladies. They put on quite a show!! Then, my Mom's quartet also performs. After the show, we go to another place for the "After Glow." This is even more signing, and food. It is a grand time. I hope someday, when my children are older, I can join this great group of barbershop singing ladies! Some of my brothers will be there with their wives, and my brother with his fiance will be there. My aunt and uncle will be there, too. It will be fun to see family, too.

4 comments:

Milk Mama said...

I love the Wii, too. Speaking of which, I haven't played on that for a logn time.

Awww, Poor Maddie!!! :( It makes me sad when babies get ear infections. My nephew used to get them all of the time! I hope Maddie gets better soon!

Eryn said...

I think I need a Wii Fit for Christmas. I love our Wii, and I really love kicking my husband's butt on the Wii ;)

I hope your little one is on the mend in no time flat. I must have saved up some karma with my own ear infections, and then my daughter's when she was little, because my son is 6 now, and he's never had one! Thank goodness. May it be a very long time before you guys get another!

Anonymous said...

Poor Maddie:(
I hope she feels better.

Gretchen said...

Hope your wee one is better soon. Dealing with a kid who gets ear infections constantly, I do understand what you're going through. He's had over a dozen ear surgeries already.