I am doing a book review on Amy Grant, and here are thirteen things about her and her new book: Mosaic
- 1. Amy Grant weaves original lyrics and poetry into a narrative patchwork of timeless candor in Mosaic.
- She reminiscences of her Tennessee childhood,
- Displays poignant scenes from her life as a wife and mother, and
- Gives down-to-earth insight from her celebrity stardom, she invites you into her world and gently leads you to fresh insights about your own.
- Amy started her career and fame in the music industry with a part-time job sweeping up a Nashville music studio, which was the perfect opportunity to duplicate a tape of her original songs as a gift to her family. A studio executive heard her recordings and she really soared into the music world from there.
- She displays photos of her immediate family (Mom, Dad, 3 sisters and herself), Great Grandma, High School Photo (1978), classmates, her 4 children and 1 step-daughter, hubby: Vince Gill, her favorite writing spot, tour photos, Minnie Pearl (from Hee Haw), and other memorable events with famous people/events.
- Words to many of her well known songs, written as a poem.
- She took the words of the songs from pieces of her life.
- She gives you the history behind the songs she sang, lyrics she wrote.
- Her and Vince Gill were baptized together...and the song correlated with that special event.
- Millie, her daughter, is named after Minnie Pearl...from Hee Haw!
- She is a woman who has weathered some storms, and with God, she was carried through.
- I think some of her songs, when you know the history of them, touch you even more. I think this book is a great read to really know who Amy Grant is and who God is in her. She does a great job revealing life through music. Thank you Amy!
You can purchase Amy's book: Mosaic here.