Friday, September 4, 2009

State-cation and Holiday Inn

With having a young baby, a toddler, a pre-schooler and an elementary age child, our family has decided to forgo a trip out of state this year. Instead of traveling out of state, we decided to take a "state-cation." We want to see our beautiful state of Minnesota, and take day trips. This is much more economical, financially more affordable, and less stress with the kids. How often do people see the many great aspects of their own state? Already we have seen some great cities, locations, and nature sites. This weekend we are headed to a Threshing Show. I have never been to one, but my husband says the kids will love it, and it is pretty affordable. So, we are going to do another day trip. I have mentioned to him that maybe one of these day trip outings we could spend a night in a hotel. I know the kids would like to do that, take a dip in the pool, and have a night out. Holiday Inn is transforming its hotels world wide, including signature bedding with “soft” and “firm” pillows and power showers in the bathroom. I, personally enjoy staying in a hotel. Holiday Inn boasts more than 2,500 locations in the US, offering a fun and easy getaway in every state. I like that most all Holiday Inns have great restaurants near by~ hey no cooking for me, and it is nice to have a break once in awhile. Close enough to home for convenience and affordability, but far enough to experience a getaway, the Holiday Inn “state-cation” becomes a great opportunity to rediscover your home state and still enjoy a vacation.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Holiday Inn. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.

1 comment:

TopazTook said...

I think hotels are intrinsically fascinating to kids. We had relatives who traveled to see us and attend the MN State Fair, and I think my daughter was just as fascinated with the hotel they stayed in as she was with the Fair. (We had more relatives come than were comfortable sleeping at our house.)