Thursday, April 24, 2008

Survey says: Time to ween~


Madelyn has been cutting back on her nursing. She has been slowly decreasing how often she wants to nurse. I am all about letting her be the leader for breaking the ties....as sad as it is. Caleb; however, I cut him off of nursing...at about 10 1/2-11 months. He bite me. He bite me hard! OK, he seriously drew blood the fourth time he bite me really hard. It was one of those moments that I thought I was going to throw him across the room. I really wouldn't do that, but I was in so much pain, the though ran through my mind. The thought of it now just makes my chest recoil. **OWIE!**

Anyway, most of today Madelyn didn't nurse. Then tonight, she actually rejected me. I had just given the kids a bath, and I was cuddling them in bed and reading to them. She was acting like she wanted to nurse, so I lowered her down, and she spotted Caleb's sippy cup. Sure enough, she sat up, and pointed to the cup and babbled Maddie jibberish. I tried to get her to nurse, and she just got mad, so I gave her the cup. She drank some, and said, "MMM...num." Then, she nodded her head and smiled. Then, she preceeded to drink the water. I need to look at it as another Maddie Milestone.

3 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

Congratulations, you won my Starbucks gift card! Just email me a mailing address and I'll get it off to you. InvisibleInc at MSN dot com.

As for your layout, I highly recommend creating a second blog, closed to the public, just for practise purposes. When you want to try something new, try it there first, and when you get it the way you want just copy the code into your real blog.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Awww how cute, but also I bet it is sad!! How old is she?? She wants to be like her big brother now!! :)

Milk Mama said...

Yup! Sounds like she's ready to wean! Let her do it, definitely! I don't think Anna would EVER wean on her own if I left it to her own devices lol. It's definitely going to be mom-led! :D I've never been "denied" by Anna when it comes to nursing. I don't think I'll experience it with Anna. Maybe the next baby... who knows? But definitely not with Anna. She throws tantrums if she wants to nurse and I try to deny HER. lol :D