Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cyber Shower Party for Margie Gunn!

Come join the celebration from April 28th - May 2nd for fun shower games posted at Chesapeake Ribbons. This is a fun contest celebration! There are some great prizes offered!

**Judging for the top 4 prizes will end at 12pm cst Friday May 2nd. Winners will be posted here, on Saturday, May 3 by 2:00 CST. (Pam, from Happy Panda is organizing the prizes)~ Thanks Pam! If you see your name listed as a prize winner please email CyberBabyShower@gmail.com and they will put you in touch directly with the sponsor offering the prize to make shipping arrangements.

Chesapeake Ribbions have some fun games going on, and here are a few of my entrants:


Here is a glimpse into my last labor/delivery story. It is a story of Madelyn's birth. Maddie is very special, not only because she is a precious gift from God, and my first daughter...but she is my little miracle baby after a miscarriage. I had very little amniotic fluid left according to the ultrasound on my due date, so they needed to get things moving. I went in that night to the hospital, and they put a pill in the nook of my cervix. Well, that really got things moving and about 4 1/2 hours later, my sweet pea was born. I did have an epidural, and she didn't respond well to that. I was hooked up to oxygen and needed to keep flipping from side to side. I was the biggest I ever was with pregnancies, so I was expecting a 9 1/2-10 pond baby. This picture of my "belly bump" is when I was about 7 months along. I know, I really should have taken a picture right before I went to the hospital.

So, back to the labor...When I started pushing, it burned like fire down there...well, come to find out she was posterior (so she was sunny side up). Luckily she had a little mellon, so it wasn't too bad. When she came out, of coarse I was emotional, and the Dr. asked me how big I thought she was. I said, "Oh, 8 pounds?" The Nurse said, "No, she is little, she is more like 7 pounds." My best friend, Randi, was in there, and she took a guess at 6 pounds 8 ounces. Randi knows her baby weights, because Maddie clocked in at 6 pounds 9 1/2 ounces! What a little peanut! That was a new experience for me, because both my boys were over 8. Nathaniel was 8 1/2, and Caleb was almost #9! Her going home outfit didn't fit her until she was 3 months old. What a miracle she is!


This is a fun cyber shower! I just entered two of the 4 games on her blog! Go check it out, and play, too!

Here are my top 5 prize selections, in order: 8, 16, 2, 18, 3. Thank you Gunning It and Happy Panda!

6 comments:

Milk Mama said...

That party sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Oh wow! She was so tiny!!! I expected Anna to be smaller than what she was because I'm a small person and I didn't gain a whole lot of weight until I was retaining water. She was seven pounds eleven ounces and was posterior, too! Ugh... hope that doesn't happen again! She was very hard for me to push out!
Thank God for vacuum suction...

Milk Mama said...

I forgot to tell you that I think you looked so beautiful pregnant!!! :D

Milk Mama said...

Yes. I am very glad I pushed her out. They even had the O.R. prepared for me for a C-Section. I did not want that. I'm glad I didn't need one. Praise God!
The memory of delivery is definitely fading. I'd be nearly ready if our finances were. :D Pregnancy is great, but the delivery is awful!

Unknown said...

WOW What a story! Great pic and guesses. Thank you for playing along.

Miss said...

Ella and Tucker were both posterier...MUCH harder to push out! =)

Shauna said...

Hey!

You won my giveaway!!