Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New activities~ Caleb and Maddy

I know I haven't been very good about posting personal posts in quite some time (SORRY). I have been very busy with life in general. I am going to be working hard to get up more posts about our family, events, outings, and fun things my kids say and do. I can't make this a long post, because it is late...but I wanted to post about two new and fun things we started. Caleb started swim lessons this week, and he had a great time! He wants swim lessons everyday, but that is just not possible. I was concerned with how they were going to do lessons with the kids when they are so young, and not knowing how to swim. The instructor and the helpers did a great job, and the kids all did very well, too. There are 8 kids in this class.

He loves his teacher and her assistants. He learned how to enter the water (safely), how to front float, and back float, put their face into the water and how to jump into the water.
Caleb told his helper, the guy in the picture, that his brother was baptized at that pool. I think he surprised the guy. He seemed surprised, anyway. I love how kids are so open with what they share, especially when it is about God. Faith like a child...
Caleb looks so little in the water. I can't believe that he is growing up so quickly.
I want all of my kids to take swim lessons, because I believe everyone should know how to swim, especially if you live in a state with over 10,000 lakes! :) Nathaniel and Madelyn will be taking lessons in November. I wish I would have started Nathaniel in his lessons when he was younger, but I do think it is important either way. I think I will wait a year or two with Cole.


Caleb played a game where they stood on the deck of the pool like a tree. When asked what kind of tree they are, they told their teacher. Then, the teacher would say, "chop, chop timber." The swimmer would then hop into the water into the instructor's hands. It was fun, and Caleb had a great time. He told them he was an Apple Tree. It was a great time, and I had so much fun watching him, and seeing him interact with others. He is so social. :) He is looking forward to his next lesson, too.


Madelyn started her ballet lessons this week, too. She was very excited about being in ballet, and thanks to my sister...most of her attire was covered. I did buy her some leather ballet shoes, but they have not arrived yet.
I think Madelyn will do very good with Ballet, because she is very petite, extremely flexible and girl-y! She loves dressing up, wearing pretty things, and being a ballerina. I think she is adorable in her outfit, too.

Maddy is taking private lessons from a girl who lives about 20 minutes away. I think she is going to have a great time, and I know the teacher is great with kids! I love that her teacher prays with her before class, teaches her some sign language with her dancing, and teaches to dance from the heart. All glory is to God through this dance studio, and I like how they incorporate that in their business.

Well, more to come later...

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Awww, so sweet! I really wanted to do both ballet and tap with the girls this year, but I just can't get out there while sick. If this morning sickness ends this week, I may see about getting them to start a week late.

TopazTook said...

Missed this when you posted...we did swim lessons this summer and did "chop, chop, timber," -- it's great exercise for Mom when they want to practice at the beach and you get to catch a little jumping body. :)