Monday, December 31, 2007
It is such a dry time of the year~ Winter~ and my Eczema really flares up in the winter months. I have tried so many lotions out there, and it is hard to find a lotion that won't make my hands break out more or bleed more. My hands usually become cracked and they bleed. Sometimes when I use a lotion, it just burns and causes more irritation. When I tried the lotion : Skin MD Natural, I felt relief. It was such a great feeling! The cracks were soothed and my hands didn't hurt when I moved my fingers after using the lotion. It didn't make my hands all greasy and slimy.
Here is what SKIN MD is all about: Skin MD Natural™ utilizes the finest effective natural skin care ingredients for dry skin treatment along with the latest advances in dry skin care technology to hydrate and protect the skin. With Skin MD Natural™irritants are kept - OUT, moisture - IN, making it the perfect dry skin care product. This is an entirely new concept in skin care requiring a new classification: "Shielding Lotion". Skin MD Natural keeps moisture-robbing irritants away from the skin while proprietary "super" humectants hydrate the skin throughout the day.
**Used and prescribed by hundreds of Dermatologist
**Skin MD Natural alleviates dry skin, eczema and psoriasis, providing relief from dry skin and itching.
**Prevents Dry Skin
**Fragrance and Colorant Free
**No Animal Products and Testing
This lotion is great for hands and feet, face, and body! I highly recommend Skin MD Natural and I am so thankful I was able to try this lotion out! It really is amazing! If you suffer with Eczema, Psoriasis, or Thyroid problems...check into Skin MD Natural lotion! Here is the website for more information: Skin MD Natural. Pete has offered to send my readers samples of Skin MD Natural to try if you are willing to post a review on their blog if they like it. You can contact him at email@example.com .
Sunday, December 30, 2007
When she came over, her husband stayed at my brother's house with there little guy. Two of her other kids that she brought with had some colds. As the night progressed, her daughter (who has diabetes) had high numbers, so my sister gave her insulin. Then, a little later, she got the chills, and then got a fever. So, we were visiting with our sick kiddos.
After she left, Caleb's fever never went down (even with Tylenol) and his breathing got worse. I noticed his heart racing more, and his breathing was faster. I really suspect that he has RSV or Pneumonia (again). We didn't bring him in to the ER because we just knew it would be a long process, and we really aren't sure that we know what is going on with him. He did have a few spouts of throwing up, mostly phlegm, last night.
This morning, he is in a little better spirits, but he complains of a headache. He is running a low grade temp. and has a cough. He also has the green crud out the nose. I noticed Maddie's clear mucus from the nose has turned to the green side. I wish when one kid gets a contagious sickness (and needs meds) that you can give a prescription to all the kids. Then, parents can fill the prescription when/if needed.
We are going to watch how he does today, and decide about bringing him in later this afternoon. I know kids get more sick throughout the day, but it is the breathing that concerns me. Plus, you know your little tot is very sick when they lay on the couch during the day. Normally he is running 100 miles per minute everywhere. I pray that God will just touch and heal my little boy.
Yesterday in the van, Nathaniel asked me what sperm is! I said, where did you hear/see that? He said his friend says it a lot, and asked me again what it is. I was hoping to get out of the question, but he was persistent. I had no idea what to reply to that, so I just said that it is something in a man's body that helps with making babies. I am not sure if that was the thing to say to him when he is only 9, but I know that I want him to hear about all that from me. At least he was satisfied with that answer (for now), and THANKFULLY he didn't ask more. I am not sure I am ready for that whole thing quite yet.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Grandma: "Yes, Caleb?"
Caleb: "You look like Chewbacca!"
It was so funny, and we have no idea where he got it from, or why he said it! Boy did it give us the giggles!
Terry and I got to go shopping (BY OURSELVES) and finish up the last few gifts. Terry's Dad sent us some Christmas money to buy some things for the kids. It was fun picking out some things. We had dinner at Denny's and the food was super. It was so good to eat REAL Ranch dressing with my salad. It has been so long since I had real ranch. (I started Weight Watchers in September). Then, we were off to get Nathaniel back from his visit with his Dad.
When we picked up Nathaniel that night we told him what Caleb said. His response was, "Well, that wasn't very nice. Not nice at all. At least he didn't say Yoda. Great Grandma looks like Yoda with all her wrinkles!"
Oh my goodness~ Kids are so super funny!!
After we got home from picking up Nathaniel, we had the kids go downstairs so Terry could get the Train in the house. Then, we played with the kids awhile before bedtime. Terry wanted me to play some Christmas music on the piano. It was fun, but it reminded me that I really need to brush up on my practicing. After the kids were in bed we wrapped all the gifts and put them under the tree. I filled the stockings. We don't "do" Santa, the gifts in there are from us, but I think the stocking filling is fun. Terry put the train around the tree, and it looked great. Finally, at almost 1 AM, I made it to bed.
Christmas morning was fun and special. Caleb, Maddie and Nathaniel loved to see the train. Maddie kept wanting to touch it. We had the kids open their gifts, and all was appreciated. Caleb only wanted a Rocket Fishing Pole for Christmas, so when he opened that gift, he pulled it out and said, "A shooting fishing pole~ I GOT IT!" I really wish I had that on camera. Where is that camcorder when you need it. It was so funny!
After gifts we had breakfast, then we headed over to my brother and sister-n-law's house for my side of the family. It was great to see everyone again. Our family doesn't get together enough. My sister and family was here from IL, and I haven't seen them since Easter, and that time was a brief visit. My other sister (who is a single mom of 4) didn't come. I was really upset about that, and I will post that in another post later. All in all, it was a great day. I will try to get a picture of all 18 Grandchildren up maybe tomorrow.
Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
- Reses Peanut Butter Cup
- Potato Sausage
- Chocolate popcorn with Cashews
- Cream of Wild Rice soup with chicken
- Meatballs ~ and deliciously greasy
- Frito O'Lay chips
- Cheesecake with whipped topping and Strawberries
- Mushroom and Swiss Steak
- Real Ranch Dressing
- A few (like 4) buttery homemade rolls....mmmm, YUM!
I won't fret it, it was very tasty, now I just need to get back down to business!Thanks for stopping by & Happy Thursday's Thirteen! Happy New Year!
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Monday, December 24, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
An Island Life is giving away $25 to MommyBracelets.com and $70 worth of beauty products from Allizon.com. The Pitter Patter Boutique is giving away a nursing cover and a set of car seat strap covers in your choice of fabrics. To enter, stop by before December 31st
Musings of a Housewife has four gorgeous Land’s End diaper totes to give away in either pink or blue. To enter, just stop by and leave a comment on which color you prefer. Hurry, it ends on Monday at 5pm. Did You See That? is giving away an E.L.F. make-up travel kit. You have until noon Monday EST to enter. Enter to win a lounge set to keep you child cozy warm this winter. Stop by Amanda and let her know what your favorite item is from Creations by Lisa McGrath. Deadline is January 1st. Enter to win a great gift basket containing a 16 oz jar candle (your choice of Spice Shoppe or Pumpkin Cheesecake), 2 Votives and 2 votive holders ($35 value) from A Frog in My Soup. Deadline to enter is midnight tonight! How about a cup of coffee courtesy of a dash of sassitude? Enter to win a $10 gift card to Starbucks by subscribing to her feed and leaving a comment before December 31st.
Founded in 2003 by Heather Maclean, Little Laureate set the bar for a new quality standard with the release of their first two DVDs. Astoundingly well-received by both the public and the press, they won several major awards, including Parenting magazine’s Video of the Year, the National Parenting Publications Association’s Gold Award, and many others. In fact, in an unprecedented write-in poll, the readers of #1-rated Parents magazine voted the Little Laureate series one of the “Best Video Series for Small Children of All Time.”
Gift set includes:
30-minute premium DVD
60-minute CD of classical music, and
24-page parent booklet filled with expert tips on raising a creative child. 30 minutes of premium content from Emmy Award-winning team, 3 enhanced viewing options, Optimized for HDTV, and introducing "The Crawl," a revolutionary onscreen parent guide of art history, parenting tips and family art activities
1 hour of classical music performed by the Moscow International Orchestra. Not only is the amazing DVD soundtrack included, but extra bonus tracks as well!
24 pages of information on the art, artists and music along with expert tips on raising a creative child. There is a total of 3 different DVD/CD gift packs: My World Adventure, My World Gallery, and My World Colors. Little Laureate is such a great series to teach great cultural differences, art, music, and colors.
Friday, December 21, 2007
It was very comical. We started having Nathaniel use deodorant. I think he seems young to use it, but he needs it. I think kids are getting younger with the time they are hitting puberty. It is pretty sad, I think.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I have been blessed! I want to take this post to send out my gratitude!
- I want to thank Beloved Mama for the book that I won from her blog. I won the Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible. I was looking forward to reading this.
- I want to thank Stephanie from Metropolitan Mama for the Lansinoh cream and Double breast pump! Both of these items are super great, and I really can't believe I won two of the contests for Lansinoh products! Thank you so much! I needed a pump, too!
- I won some adorable, cute shoes from Blessed Arrows! I am so excited about these cute shoes for Maddie! Thanks so much!
- Sassy Lucy added me to her Magnificent Mamas blogroll on December 19th! What a great honor! Thanks for being so thoughtful!
- I would like to thank Avis Board from Urban Botanic for the "Pink Hope" fragrant lotion! I love, LOVE it, and I think it is a super combination! I picked what I thought of as 2 good scents for the "Pink Hope" to represent Breast Cancer Awareness, she loved it, and I won a bottle of lotion.
- I won a Trendy Tadpole t-shirt of my choice from Contest For Mom's blog! I love these t-shirts! I did a post about them, too! You should check out her site...so cute shirts! Thank you for the shirt! This is one of Caleb's gifts.
- I won a Land Before Time DVD and the Shrek 3 DVD from Table for Five! Thanks so much! Makes great gifts for Christmas!
- I would like to thank Elisa, from Extravagant Grace, for picking me to receive the For Parents Only book~ I love it!
- I was in the top 12 for winners at Fuel my blog! I chose to get the Sparkle Pillar Set~candles! Thanks so much! I love candles!
Thank you to all of you! I appreciate it so very much!! Stay tuned for more giveaways here, too!!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
True Random Number ServiceRandom Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2007-12-19 20:26:18 UTC
The winner is Amanda from mommymandy ! Congratulations!
I am really surprised that I only had a couple entrants for the totoos: Winner is Babystepper!
I hope you ladies enjoy your gifts, and I will get those in the mail as soon as possible. :)
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Because Twisted Silver lets you define how to wear the jewelry, your imagination is your only limitation. Give free reign to your individuality. One piece of jewelry.....SO many options! It's great to be a girl!"
Aren't these earrings pretty? They are so stylish! These are the "Flower" earrings. Here is the stats: Element: Copper, Weight: Light (.1 oz), Drop Length: 3" ,Design: 1 1/2" x 3"
Debra Mitchell is the founder and designer of this funky jewelry, and she does a great job! Want to win these amazing earrings? Go to Twisted Silver and pick out the piece of jewelry that dazzles you the most, then come back here and comment on your favorite piece (Please leave your e-mail address so I can contact you). If you would like a second entry to the contest, blog about this contest and link back to me. (I greatly appreciate Linky Love). Then, just leave another comment with your url addy. I will use a random generator to pick the winner. Contest is open to United States residents, bloggers and non-bloggers are welcome. Only those who follow the rules with be qualified. Contest ends December 18th at 11:59 P.M. I will announce the winner December 19 before noon (Central Time). I will pick another winner if the first winner doesn't respond within 24 hours. *retail value: $50.00* Thanks, and have fun!
Contest is now closed: Winner is Amanda!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
2. Totoos Temporary Tattoos and "Be Visible, Be Safe" Glow lights are perfect for vacations, amusement parks, family outings, school field trips, shopping, and any other situation where a child may accidentally stray from you.
3. You can put these Totoos on your child if they have a food allergy.
4. Medical Tottoos can be used to quickly identify a wide array of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's, seizure disorders, diabetes, and severe allergies in any situation where important medical information is helpful to be displayed.
5. You can even include an emergency phone number for your doctor or a loved one so they can provide immediate assistance.
6. "Be Visible, Be Safe" Glow Lights are made from non-toxic materials and include lanyards so they can either be worn as a necklace or attached to clothing. Your Glow Light will glow brightly for up to 12 hours and protect your loved ones day and night! *This is great for an evening event where there are many people (ie. Sate Fair)
7. Biking: Use glow lights for older children/adults when biking at night to increase visibility on the road and to have an emergency contact number available in case of accident.
8. Skiing/Snowboarding: There is an increased chance for injury and for members of your group to become separated from one another while skiing or snowboarding. Use our glow lights to help keep you safe and connected when hitting those Double Black Diamond Ski Trails!
9. Hiking/Camping: Our glow lights can be a lifesaving tool on a hiking or camping trip for anyone who gets lost, sick, or hurt along the way.
10. Mountain Climbing: Our glow lights are a simple precaution to take before attempting a high altitude climb. If you experience altitude sickness or disorientation, your glow light will provide you or a fellow hiker coming to your aid with your emergency contact's information.
11. Tottoos are durable and water resistant, so you can use them at the beach or water park too! 12. One more layer of protection for keeping your whole group safe. Ideal for use on field trips, for sports clinics, camps, field days, overnight events, and whenever an activity takes your group away from your school or facility.
It is recommended that the chaperone's who accompany the children also wear Tottoos so it is apparent which adults belong with the group (and which do not).
13. Tottoos will last 12 hours or more (even up to a couple of days), if applied properly to clean, dry skin. We recommend, particularly with very young children, that you remove the decal when you're done with it so the skin can "breathe" instead of leaving it on for several days.
For more information about this amazing product, please visit Tottoos.org! DO you want to win a set of these to take precautions to protect your children? Or wear yourself, for medical reasons? Tottoos has graciously offered my readers a Basic Safety Set! Here are the "rules" to this contest:
1. Go to Tottoos.org and look around, then come back here and leave a comment with the answer about where the company is located. Their story is quite amazing, too! *hint, look in the about us.
2. For a second entry, post about this contest on your blog. It doesn't have to be a long post. I would love to spread the word (and linky love is so nice)!
Contest ends December 18th at 11:59 p.m. I will announce the winner on the 19th.
That's it! Happy Thursday Thirteen, and thanks for stopping by~
Contest now closed: Winner is Babystepper!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I took off my Fingerless kitty mitties that kept my hands warm. Oh my, look what I found from my honey~stuck to the inside of my mitt was a bundle of money!
The Coffee shop was busy with people getting their coffee. I love the smells it totally excites me! I got the exotic set from The Mad Roaster Coffee, now I must hurry home to make some toffee.
Pa is still sleeping and I need some light, so not to disturb him I put a match to the light. I love the candles that Pa got me from Peter G Candles, they smell so glorious and they're safe to use in my home, and fit on my mantle!
Time to relax from the hustle and bustle, I settle in for a nice warm bath with my basket of truffles."
Please vote for me at Fuel my Blog! The end date for this competition is: 15th December 2007! So, please vote now! :) Thanks in advance~
We went to a train show a month ago. My husband loves trains! We even opened up a hobby store, and I will post on that another time. Anyway, Nathaniel bought him a few trains ~ with his birthday money. I thought that was such a giving spirit...He makes me proud!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
crawls up stairs...falls down stairs, jumps, claps her hands,dances, giggles, growls (yes, she sounds like a doggie), purrs...(yes, we call her our little kitty), plays peek-a-boo, and knows when I give the baby sign for milk what that means. Happy 9 month birthday, Maddie~
Play activites is having a giveaway for a Sensory garden dome contest ends December 16th.
So much to do, so little time is giving away $150 gift card to Sterling Pear. Contest ends December 14th.
Friday, December 7, 2007
I had Madelyn during that school year...beginning of March. I am sure being pregnant during that time didn't help our situation. I was so very emotional with my pregnancy with Madelyn. I got lazy with schooling, too, but I could tell that it just wasn't working out. Nathaniel had a hard time with separating me as mom and teacher. He took what I was trying to teach as criticizing. I know I can be very critical at times, too...but that is another post in itself (stay tuned). So, with a lot of prayer, and a lot of talk with Terry and friends, Nathaniel entered the Public School this year (2007). He is really doing well, and he enjoys school. I think he does really well under another teacher's direction. He gets challenged by other peers, and he loves competition. He thrives well with structure, and he gets that at school. This isn't a defeat statement, but I don't have to fight with his Dad about school anymore, either. Nathaniel's state test results came back and he far exceeds the standards, he is at a 6th grade reading level, his spelling is a daily struggle....and that makes me want to take him out and keep home educating him. We will see how this year goes. We may end up taking him out and maybe do Christian online school down the road. Who knows. All I know is that I need to do it all in prayer.
I am still wanting to home educate Caleb, Madelyn and any other kids we may have, but I think that having Nathaniel go to the school was a good choice. It was prayed over, and God gave me peace about it. I would have preferred a Christian or Private school...but, finances won't stretch that far. I don't agree with some things with the school system, but I just have to keep bathing it in prayer.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
1. Mom & Baby Fitness DVD
2. Rockin Sing-Alongs CD
3. Now I Know My ABC’s CD
4. Sleep Sounds for Mom CD
5. Garden Counting 1-5 Puzzle
6. Fruits & Vegetables A-Z
7. My MP3: Classical Music
8. Bee Bop Band
9. Pop Beads
11. Bristle Blocks
12. Rev & Roll Bus
13. Petite Painter
Want to know how to win these things? 5 Minutes for MOM is hosting this amazing giveaway! This is an assortment of infant-to-preschool toys from the award winning Parents® Magazine toy line. Go here to enter the contest (rules posted). Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Thursday Thirteen!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Laura Williams' Musings is having a Review & Giveaway: Limited Edition Happy Panda Holiday Gift Basket valued at $200.00. This is what you have to do: 1. Post about this giveaway on your blog or site with a link to this giveaway and to Happy Panda.
2. Visit Happy Panda and view all their cute stuff. Then come back here and leave a comment of which one you like best along with your blog post link about this giveaway. Contest ends tonight at 11:59 P.M. so hurry! She is also giving away a Baby Jamz Move 'n Groove Dance Mat! Just leave a comment on this post by December 6th. I think Maddie and Caleb would love this, so I hope to win it! The Baby Jamz Mix Master chair is also in a giveaway. Go here to enter before December 6th. Do you and your kids love crafts? She is hosting a giveaway for a Hanes craft kit! Enter before December 6th. She is having a giveaway a set of Holiday Bows from The Fairy Princess Bow Boutique. Ends December 6th. Maddie would appreciate this win! :)
Amanda is giving away adorable reindeer girly bows that she made! They are so cute! Head over there before Wednesday, December 5th. You should check out her store, SimplySweetBowtique.com!
DE Reviews is giving away: Fruit & Veg. Puzzle and Under Lock & Key Garage. These toys come from the Parents line (a branch from the Parent's magazine). Other products Parents released are the Kitty Keyboard, Letter Tile Puzzles (on my list!), Pop Beads, Mom & baby Fitness DVD (great for new mamas!), and much more. Enter for a chance to win by Friday, December 7th.
The Apronista is giving away The Santa Baby Apron! It is so cute! Go here to enter before Friday, December 7th.
My Two boys is having one last giveaway for natural products (non-toxic). Natural Pod is offering 5 fantastic products that are best in natural and organic products for your baby. Enter before December 5.
*The Domestic Diva is giving away a My Friends Tigger & Pooh - Super Sleuth Christmas Movie December 10th is the deadline for the Movie~
She is also giving away a Kodak Gallery $50 giftcard giveaway!!! Then, you can make personalized photo gifts! Head over and sign up before December 8th!
*Island life is giving away a $50 giftcard to Warm Biscuit bedding company. I would use it on some of those vintage (by era) toys. LOL~ Enter before December 10th. Win a Woobie by entering this contest by December 7th. I think Maddie would love one of those!
My Family Loves it-Family reviews, stories, and activities is giving away a Spongebob Maritime Music Player. I know Nathaniel would love this, because he really likes SpongeBob! You can also Win a Spongebob interactive song book! This contest ends December 9th winner will be announced December 10th.
Not Entirely British is having a Christmas giveaway! She is having a contest for a RjTECH UNO-02 DVD compact slim DVD player. Contest ends Tuesday December 18th.
Along for the ride is giving away a $250 Shopping Spree to Along for the Ride. Just Email Your Answer to the question by midnight on December 31, 2007. ONE regular entry per person. See question #2 on their site to receive a BONUS entry! Winner will be announced by email on or before January 10, 2007. I would choose the Sachi Carriers Solarweave Mei Tai Pink because it is summer/swimming friendly and I just love the way it looks. I am sure it feels amazing!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Ok, so are you wondering why I am all over the place? Well, I am tired, it is after midnight, and I just think I am being weird. I know my friend's are giggling and nodding their heads yeppers to this....
Anyway, this evening we had one of our favorite babysitters come watch the kids. She brought her little sister with. She is "training" her to be a babysitter, and basically showing her the ropes. Well, they brought over all the sugary candy supplies to make Gingerbread houses. The kids had so much fun! It was fun to see Nathaniel's creativity soar! He has such an imagination. He even put in a wreath holder. He had a candy cane holding the gummy wreath over the door, and the candy cane was a rafter on the top of the house. It was very cute. I will have to get some photos up to show you. When the kids were having fun, we had fun, too. Our church has a Christmas Dinner every December. We invite a performer to come with entertainment. People within the church pick tables and decorate them to their liking. Then, they can choose to invite people to come, and if you can afford it, pay for the tickets. It can be a bit pricey at $20 a plate, but it is so wonderful! We decided to do a table this year. We had a brick red table cloth, a train set (working), Village homes/people, candles, snow, square snowmen plates, and snowmen mugs. It was so much fun. There were so many fun and pretty decorative tables. My friends Lisa and Jody did 2 tables. Lisa and Jody went for the pretty/fancy/elegant, and their hubby's went for the manly and hunting theme. I really enjoyed their tables, too. It was a great night out with my husband, friends and family members. I wish our table would have been closer to Lisa and Jody's, though. I am just glad that my (fire fighter) husband didn't start anything on fire this year. Last year he set Lisa's cloth napkin on fire with the candles. It was sad that the napkin was a bit scorched, but kind of comical that he is a fire fighter...yet caught the napkin on fire. I guess a Pyromaniac at heart! :)
Well, time for this little lady to get to bed. It is way past my bedtime. So, goodnight...sleep tight!
Each episode's song contains the Bible verse from the story. The songs are fun and catchy which helps kids remember the song, apply the message and retain the verse in their heart.
* "Forgive Each Other" - Ephesians 4:32 * "Jonah and the Tarshish Fish" - Luke 11:28 * "David Rocked Goliath" - 1 Corinthians 1:25 * "God is Faithful" - Psalm 33:4 * Plus all 4 song videos from the episodes! * And a Booples! short: "Fruit of the Spirit"
Songs by Pete Buchwald and Bear Cahill.
Booples named #6 on About.com's "Top 10 Christian DVD and Video Series for Children"
Play-all features for the episodes, songs and both together!